Great news for those who will be visiting Zagreb in the future! There's a brand new airport terminal that just opened last month, which means more flights, to and from more cities, all over the world.
Q. Where can I exchange money?
A. There are little exchange shops all over town, practically on every corner in the center. They are called 'Mjenjacnica' and they all give approx. the same rate. We don't recommend exchanging at the airport, as we find they tend to give slightly different rates (but what's not expensive at the airport, right?).
1. We have the friendliest drivers who will make you feel right at home from the moment you arrive in Zagreb. We believe a warm welcome is an important first impression when arriving in a new place, and we want you to love Croatia.
2. All of our drivers speak English fluently, so you don't have to worry about any language barriers or awkward, pieced-together conversations. You'll have no trouble communicating as you enjoy your relaxing transfer to the city (but hey, if you'd rather just sit back and quietly enjoy the views, that's ok too!).
3. On the way, your driver will give you tips on Zagreb (if you are interested, of course), since they know the ins and outs of the city as locals. Want to know the best place for a beer? Some local food? Where to go to exchange money? What some local customs are? Any special events happening in the city? Just ask your driver (or email us in advance and we'd be happy to answer any of your questions before you even arrive)!
4. Our drivers wait right at the arrivals gate to greet you with a sign, so they're easy to find. It's just one more way we make your arrival in Zagreb as stress-free as possible. They're also more than happy to help you with your luggage, since you're sure to be tired after a long day of traveling. This 'door to door' service is what our clients love.
5. We have very affordable rates, and everything can be paid online by credit card, so there's no hassle with having to exchange local currency upon arrival.
We do our absolute best to ensure your transfer runs smoothly and efficiently, all while providing courteous and friendly service. Make things easier on yourself and book a private transfer from Zagreb airport to the city center with Zagreb City Transfers - your trusted transfer partners.
Enjoy your stay in beautiful Zagreb!
I'm so glad you asked! Well there are plenty of ways, so let me give you a few of your options.
1. You can book an affordable private transfer directly from the airport to the city center with Zagreb City Transfers! Our driver will be there waiting for you with a sign so you can ease that stress of arriving in a foreign country and dealing with finding your own way to your accommodation in the center, espcially after a long, exhausting flight. He even speaks English and will give you some great tips on the way.
2. You can walk. It will probably take you around 14 hours, maybe more depending on how much luggage you have, but some people like the exercise after a long flight. Let us know if you plan to go with this option and we'd be happy to assist you with some free directions :)
3. You can rent a car at the airport - not the most affordable option, but there are plenty of rent-a-car companies right outside the arrivals gate. Our advice is to book a rental car in advance because they could be booked up, especially in peak season.
4. You can take a bus. Not the most peaceful/relaxing way to get to the city, but it's absolutely an option. It will take you to the bus station in the city, just outside of the center, and then from there you can switch to a tram to get to your destination.
5. You can take a taxi, but the prices can really range, and you're not guaranteed an English speaking driver, and prices can get really crazy.
So there you have it, a few options to get to the city center from Zagreb airport! We'd be honored if you choose our transfer service to greet you at the airport and bring you to your destination. Let us know if you need any advice or have any questions. We'd be more than happy to assist in any way!
Enjoy your time in Zagreb and in Croatia!